View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
IIRC - LSA enjoys a similar dual-mode (so-to-speak) fuel system, similar to LS9 because the obvious fuel requirements of the SC. We know they're upgraded above LS3-specs', but something that seems new to 'V LSAs, is it seems, perhaps, the injectors may have been changed.

In a current article in GMHTP, ADM was adding their Stage I 'V-upgrade (along with the customer's air cleaner upgrades) and in the final tuning, Andy noted that he was expecting the injectors to reach their repsective limits, as I suppose they have on earlier V' mods', but this brand new 2012 V' didn't seem to approach the current car's limits.

The car ended up around 590 RWHP, and it seems like Andy, perhaps, though there may be unannouced '12 changes for LSA, and at least in the Caddy', it seems there's a chance that either they had a ringer for this article, or LSA-V's might be making a little more power (perhaps because ZL1 changes might carry over to V', somewhat).

Anyways - unless you are seriously increasing fuel requirements (i.e. adding a top-end kit or more boost), adding fuel may not necessarily be worth the expense, especially if you don't intend on any of the above. I guess we're just going to have to wait :(

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote