View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #38
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERPAR73 View Post
I just installed my rear AAC side-marker lights with the DIC added, I tapped into the yellow/black on the drivers side and green/white for the passenger light as per the instructions posted on the first post?. The lights are working OK but the turn signals are not working at all. I wonder if the 2013 ZL1 wiring is different than the 2010 cars as per the instructions posted on the first post? I haven't tried the front yet, my fingers are killing me. Any suggestions?
First congrats on the ZL1.

It might be that the wiring is different on the 2013 ZL1 as I did it for a 2010/2011. What I did was use a 12V circuit tester and put the blinker lights on one side. I then tested each wire from the wiring harness on that side until I found the one that was making the circuit tester blink. I also understand about the fingers hurting. You can also test the DIC by just hooking up a 9V battery to the wire that is leaving the side marker for the DIC and the other end to ground.

Let me know what you find, and again congrats on the ZL1.

Peter
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote