View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #12
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Vega ........
I like the positive feedback, i just wish GM would have upgraded something, anything for the new model year haha, better gearing? New V8 cam? something? haha, i mean yeah the 4th gens were basically the same for each half of its run but still, its the muscle car wars now and you gotta be on the ball every year >=} haha

Is something really missing, if everything stays virtually the same.

In analogy...........there's really no need to fix something that isn't broke, nor improve upon success, especially in an spontaniously wavering economy. The think tanks in Detroit seem to be cashing in on the nature of human nature and wanten desires. Consumers aka automaniac's are complusive when choices are given. We've all seen the pages of spangles and sparklers of magazines and brochures offering us the opportunity to individualize our automobiles........and hence.

Its seems to me to be a well thought out business plan on the part of GM............one needs to consider GM's interest in moving those stockroom shelves full of highly prized aftermarket performance parts, theres plenty now built and available specifically for the Gen5's, many will be added now that the car is a two year model hit. Employee's desperately needing their jobs there and well on the contract manufacturing end of the whole of the automotive industry will be taking and filling phone and on-line orders and thus the new GM........will survive, ringing in $. It seems that Muscle car owners of past generations appreciated building up their rides.

On the other economic side of things its easier to get more folks in cars ( Find them Financing) if the sticker prices are not forced beyond reasonable levels adding factory supplied frillings. Those can be purchased by cash or card afterwards and not be included in the dealers base costs and thus the initial credit limit requirements be met by consumers...............

The 2012 model's will hit dealer inventories, in the near same form and fashion as the 2010's and 11's and the cycle of survival will continue............we must all pray. I personally believe the new GM surviving on a permanent stable level in the market place is the only upgrading needed. Just my .02

Last edited by Caspers2SSRS; 09-02-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote