View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 03:27 AM   #10
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Thanks Ed! Feelin older all the time, the years are flyin by faster and faster...

In comparison though, the LT clearly does not have the power of your SS, but it does have enough to do whatever you may need... I was expecting to get the 'where's the beef?' feeling when I hit the pedal, but I didn't- and I'm used to driving my 365ish hp LS1

This car had exactly 175 miles when we picked it up, and had almost 600 when we gave it back

It seemed much quicker toward the end of the trip, but maybe that was just my foot gettin more comfortable. As far as stability goes, that thing stays PLANTED! We went up north on Friant late last night and I must admit I was doing those big curves at around 90- the car felt solid as a rock, like I could've been going 120 and it woud've been just fine!

That thing always felt like, no matter how fast you were going, it wanted to go a little faster. Amazing little six.

I was so pleasantly satisfied by the 1LT, I know I'm gonna be simply blown away by the 2SS once I get to put some long miles in behind the wheel

And I have to say, I'm kinda glad I never really got into it when I drove your SS, because I'm positive it would've shot up to a much higher speed than I would feel right about in anyone else's car

Was an invaluable test drive opportunity- this is how everyone should test drive... I honestly think she was sadder about returning the car than I was LOL Watching Eme turn into Kyle Petty was pretty damned cool as well. She's normally an assertive driver, but she was enjoying the drive in this car- accelerating just to feel the speed, and just driving spiritedly. The road time was just as much fun as the time spent in Monterey, it was awesome.
Feelin' older? I'd love to be your age! Enjoy you youth, because it doesn't last.

I think it's great that you two put so many miles on it. And you got me smiling thinking about driving on those curves on Friant. One of these days I'd like to rent one (maybe a convertible going up to Yosemite).

As far as not really getting into it in mine...it just shows you've got alot of class! Having said that, if you ever drive it again, I can assure you there isn't anything you're going to do in it that I haven't done.

I couldn't end this without mentioning how cool it is to hear about how Eme loved it!!! I have a feeling there is going to be a new Red 2SS/RS in your future! I'm also very happy you had such a wonderful birthday!
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote