View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 09:28 PM   #23
t3chfr3ak

Drives: mazda 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
So we're supposed to send billions of dollars to Japan and trust them to do the right thing with it? Really?

Look what our people are doing with much of the money we've given them. When does it stop? We're giving them more money than we'll ever get back. When you're fighting an out of control fire you can't just throw a little water on it. Sometimes you have to clear the surrounding area to keep it contained. Do you think there is an easy way out of this? Hey, I can admit when I'm wrong. Let's hear your idea. Send money overseas to fix a problem here. Sounds like NWO to me.
No there is no easy way out, but for the national govnts to just stand there and look important and not do anything is pretty pointless. If Nissan is looking for a loan to save their american manufacturers then thats not so bad. We Canadians are giving GM a loan. Im sure other countries are on the same track its just a matter of time. If nothing is done about this do you realize what the consequences would be? To me, letting corp. just die off letting the freemarket restructure itself is something in this time of age, seem impossible. There is just too much interlinked to let that happen. If we were in the early 1900s that would be a different story because alot of businesses were mostly independent not fully, but mostly. If one business was to close down, not much would be affected. But, today, with the huge population and interlinked national economic systems, if one big company closes down, businesses worldwide are affected. Sure its important for the US to start healing itself, but at this point in time it doesnt matter what US does for itself, because nothing is going to get better until every country gets better. I just think its nonproductive to think in a regional type of way. Look around you and ask yourself "Where is this made?" and look at the tag. A majority of the stuff is not made in Canada or US thats for sure. With the debt the US govnt owes to various countries I dont think the US is in the position to deny anything anyways. I may sound anti US buy really I just want the US to realize this is just not a national crisis but an international one, and to think that you live in this country bordered away from national influences, you are going to get swift kick from reality.
t3chfr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote