View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 10:55 PM   #1
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
I want to get a TVS 2300 but I need some (engine) comforting...

okay, here's the deal. I'm seriously considering the TVS 2300 for my recently purchased SS automatic. the car only has 400 miles on it and I'm wondering if it's safe to take the 2300 plunge?

also, I'm very concerned with long term durability with this system. my car is a daily driver which means I cannot afford to have it breaking down on a regular basis. I'm not the type of person who floors the pedal at every red light so I have no worries about me abusing the car.

but like most of us, I have this never ending thirst for power and my SS is certainly no exception. this is why I'm considering the TVS 2300. I like the way it looks (somewhat stock) under the hood. but I'm also concerned about how much of a toll that this supercharger will take on my LS3.

is this something that's going to shorten the engine's lifespan by say 50% or is it no where near as bad as I'm thinking? I do understand supercharging anything does create more stress and such. I'm just wondering how soon will it be before I will need to crack my LS3 open for a rebuild?

any advice will be appreciated.