View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 09:59 PM   #6
SSRS2010
SS/RSVIN04274

Drives: 2010 CAMARO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordeen View Post
And didn't I mention something about being a Lucky Dog?

It seems I spoke to soon.

**Quick Note** Thanks to everyone on this board for being very informative, forthright, and honest.

Anyway, so I'm lurking the boards the other day, and I notice a few threads where a little sumthin' called "PenFed" is being hinted at. So I says to myself, "Self, what is this PenFed, and what does it do?"

With a little research, bing-bang-pow, I'm a member, and am getting ready to apply for a loan. But PenFed wants a VIN for the loan. Okay, whatever. I'll check with my dealer on the status of my order. Around 6/23, he tells me I'm "in build mode." So I think, "sweet, that must be good, yeah?"

A week later (6/30, in case you're calendaricly challenged), I notice that folks are getting their order numbers researched on the board. So I put mine out there, and within 5 minutes, I receive a reply:

"You're at 1100."

And then another reply:

"That means your dealer doesn't have an allocation."

And another:

"You're dealer is messing with you."

Yet another:

"You're dealer wears ladies' underwear, and gurgles Gershwin."

(Okay, not really on the last post, but a cookie to whomever gets the Gurgling Gershwin reference first)

I am promptly advised that it still may be months before I see my car.

So I put out some feelers, and the second dealer I call has a 2SS Blk M6 on the lot, stranded because of a cancellation. It's not Yellow, my kids won't be seen freaking out on video as Bumble Bee comes driving down the street (that was the fun I had promised), but it's a goddamn 2010 CAMARO, it's available, and as of 7/1/09. . .

IT'S MINE! W00t!

I pick it up from the dealer (William L Morris Chevrolet in Fillmore, CA, fricking awesome people, buy from them if you're in the area), and my first time behind the wheel of a 426hp vibrating hunk of burning awesomeness is spent travelling 7 miles through the hairpin turns of a sandstone canyon.

By the time I had travelled 15 miles and made all my stops between the dealer and home, I got 5 enthusiastic compliments, 2 "Wow what car is that?" questions, and 2 "How do you like it?" inquiries while sitting at stoplights.

Oh, and I hate this car. It sucks. Power, handling, brutal good looks, and being the envy of everyone else on the road are meaningless. What I really want is fuel economy, nausea-inducing styling, and being able to put "green" or "eco" or "organic" at the beginning of every sentence.

So here's my pile of crap. I'm emabarassed to show it, but pictures are demanded in these here parts.

Attachment 35833

-Mordeen
On your SS BADGING its White ?Is it a SS/RS ?
I have the 2SS/RS and mine is RED
SSRS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote