View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 11:15 AM   #12
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Hell yes. My dad worked 30 long, hard years for those discounts.

If I'm not mistaken, I think GM sends the dealer some money for every GMS/GMU discounted sale. So they definitely will still make some money.
I said up front I have no issues with, in this case your father (you) deserving the discount- he did work for it and is entitled to it. Yes, GM in the case of the employee apparently gives the MEMO money back (see-> http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=45)
but the dealer still loses compared to an MSRP sale. This isn't about the dealers who are trying to charge 5k over MSRP- screw them- this is about the dealers who should be able to make MSRP while they can during the initial launch. I found out after the fact that I am eligible for "supplier". IMO, if I want it, I understand that I should have to wait until MSRP sales can no longer be attained. It's not forever, it's not the entire model year. We're probably talking until October when 2010's are normally released anyways. So how screwed would you be getting if you got your discount when every other 2010 model starts flowing into the dealers? I chose to keep my spot in line, at MSRP, so I can have the car early. I don't think it's unfair to make the discounts wait until later- that's all.
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote