View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #2569
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
You guys are too kind and very welcome. But, all of us make it fun. we have a great group of people here that makes it fun.

Yeah, I'm doing the what do I do dance...

I want a nice set of "pretty" wheels for DD... and I'd like to get more serious about driving my car at the track... specifically AutoX... I could do a compromise and get good looking but heaver wheels with a semi performance tire... for everything... Or have two sets for dd and track days....

No matter what I do. I have to be able to drive my car to an event... so even if I get a track only set up... the tires will have to be driven to the event.... for me that's over 100 miles to a track...

I just don't have a plan for a tuck and trailer to go to the track at this time.

I can't do the truck and trailer thing either. That's why I got 20" wheels this time to drive on the street or track... drag or autocross. Also, I got the "compromise" drag radials so I would be reasonably safe if I got caught out in the rain with them. I suppose I could always get a set of 18s with MTs for the rear if I ever got really serious about drag times. But what I have now will let me give drag racing a try and they don't look too bad on the street.

I have spine problems and just can't be swapping wheels myself. It's cool that your new garage will have a lift. That will make it a lot easier for you to swap wheels for track days.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote