Thread: The V6 Lounge
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 08:43 AM   #18181
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvp_Me View Post
For the SS setup idea I had it's not to compare to the magnaflow or ark exhaust at all. I know that there is no way the SS stock exhaust with a magnaflow x pipe will sound like those exhaust. My initial goal was to have the 2.5" piping for better flow. Now if I put the SS stock exhaust on with the magnaflow x pipe and I still don't like the sound (which shouldn't be much louder than the V6 stock exhaust) I have the option of slapping on one magnaflow muffler right underneath the car and going straight pipe all the way back or two individual mufflers where the original stock mufflers are. Another option is that I could buy a set of MRT2.0 mufflers and put those on. With that said I would have a full 2.5" exhaust system for the low because most SS guys give them away for little to nothing. Is what I'm saying make sense now? REMEMBER this idea is not to make my car sound like a specific exhaust system on the market, it's just to have a better flowing system to tailor to what you/I want later down the road. In my opinion if you have the SS stock exhaust with the magnaflow x pipe it should sound close to our stock exhaust with better flow. A better flowing exhaust will improve gas mileage and performance when needed, or am I just crazy lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
You could definitely do this if you want the 2.5" exhaust. But as you stated earlier, there's really no benefit to it. You don't really gain any power at all and I doubt you'll gain any mpg. I don't think you start to see a benefit to opening up the exhaust until you go FI. For a bolt on v6, you won't gain anything.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote