View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #8
yesno20102ssblack

Drives: 2011 2SS Camaro Red
Hello
Yes they can place a priority even to a sold order I ordered cars for a Chevrolet store for 15 years
some dealers just use 1 and do not worry about it they figure GM will just go by the date the order was put in the order bank
Which is not necessarily true if the oldest order has a constraint the system will skip over it and go the the next oldest (they are suppose to place the sold order and attach a priority number to them )

which is why it's important to have dealer who is a good communicator
You need to talk to the person who handles the ordering at the dealership it is not always the New Car Sales manager
They hopefully are trained well and can answer your questions about the order and then can contact you about making changes to your order to get it placed more quickly
example : you ordered blue and blue is not available for production
I would tell the person who handles the order "you have my permission" to change it to yellow or white or some other 2nd choice color the more flexible you can be the sooner you will get your car
they may even skip over some who is not flexible and place your order sooner
Otherwise your order may not get placed before your dealer runs out of this first round of allocations and you could be waiting a very long time
Richard
yesno20102ssblack is offline   Reply With Quote