View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 02:49 PM   #1
Camarobychance

Drives: 2014 AGM 2SS RS 1LE
WOBBLE QUESTION PLEASE HELP

I’ve been trying to diagnose a shaking steering wheel for about a year now and I think I might have figured out what it is but I need some good input whether or not this is it. First before anyone asks the tires ARE balanced, my brakes are brand new and there’s nothing bent or broken suspension wise (had it checked multiple places multiple times). What I think it is, is my steering rack and here’s why. I can feel it at all speeds but when I get up to around 45-50 mph I can REALLY feel it and see it shaking back and forth. Also if I grab the steering column (idk what the proper term is I’ll attach a photo of what I mean) and shake it it has a little play in it which could be causing my shaking steering wheel I feel like. Another reason is it is worst with the steering wheel dead straight and pretty much goes away when I make a turn. If I’m going down a straight road and just barely wiggle the steering wheel back and forth it gets REALLY bad. Almost like the cause of the problem is somewhere on dead center. One more weird thing is it’s not constant. Some days it’s terrible and some days when I’m driving home from work it will be smooth for about 10 minutes or so then all of a sudden it starts shaking out of nowhere again. It’s really frustrating me because I’ve fixed everything I didn’t like about the car but this is the one thing that’s holding me back from enjoying it.
Attached Images

Camarobychance is offline   Reply With Quote