Thread: Line Lock on M6
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 11:13 PM   #31
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I bought the Hurst kit....it was about $20 more than SJM but I like the fact that it mounts up under the master cylinder and out of the way. To me it's more hidden than mounting it up on the front of the passenger fender well.

Everything I've seen and heard about SJM has been great. You should be good with their setup.

I haven't installed mine yet but I'm about to. I've been working out how I want to do it because I don't really want to drill anything if I don't have to. I went by the Auto Parts store the other day and picked up a $2.50 two prong plug for some trailer lights. Right now the plan is to use the plug that I will hide behind my console when I'm not using it. When I go to the track I'll pull out the side with the switch from the glove box and plug it in. I'm thinking about using a remote engine starter as switch since it is designed to be handheld. It's just that a reasonable one is $15-$20 and a good one is about $30. That's more than I really wanted to spend so I'm trying to think up another option for the handheld button. By using the plug I won't need an activation swicth since there is no connection without the plug in place. At least that's the plan for now.
That's a pretty cool idea too. I'd place it in the glove compartment to if I was willing to drill holes. But, I get what your saying, basically just plug it in when you want to use it, and system is hot, then you just engage by pressing the momentary switch.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote