View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #1
enVader
Yuma 5th Gen Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, CGM
Throttle Body Porting, thanks to Cordes Performance Racing in Mesa

I'd like to send a big thanks to Joe and Cordes Performance Racing, and his tech Bijan, for hooking us up here in Yuma with a group deal to bring his tech out and spend a day of throttle body porting.

I had been considering this mod for a while, looking on line at ported throttle bodies that sell for about $150 and up depending of if you send your original to them. One of our newer members (a Corvette convert) had done this before and suggested we look at bringing someone out to Yuma if we could get enough of us that wanted to do it. Needless to say, we came up with 8 of us, and he found Cordes Performance Racing which was willing to have a tech fly out to take care of us at a cheaper rate (Bijan flew his own plane over, very convenient).

What an amazing and simple difference. I have to say I feel like I'm in a whole new Camaro again. The response when I step on the gas made this well worth it. Getting to see the before and afters side by side, I could see how much smoother it is now. What you can't see from pictures, but I was able to get an idea of was when you run your finger along the inside of the throttle body, there is a ridge/hump that the porting also decreases. My engine is breathing with a whole new life now.