View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #9
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Legend View Post
One question...why did GM not tell dealers they need to split their initial allotments to meet GM's expectations of building V6 cars?

Easily could have said "You have XXX allotments and you must order XXX V6 cars and XXX V8 cars".

Then we'd only be looking at a 4 week delay...a delay that we are all more than happy to accept for better quality!

But GM not telling dealers to accept certain numbers for each allocation is where the ball was dropped!

I understand GM will "get to" those "sold" orders...but they could have got to all of those orders had they just communicated with the dealer on what they could sell!

Thanks for the words though and look forward to more info.
We WOULD Have IF - let me say that word again ....IF we had a constraint on V8 engines.

At this point in time - -WE DO NOT have a constraint on V8 engines --

Let me repeat that:

WE DO NOT have a constraint on V8 engines.

Might we in the future? Perhaps -- but why tell a dealer he can only get a certain number of V8s -- doing that only creates the tendency to increase the 'profit' on the V8 car -- and you and I don't want that to happen, now do we?

I understand how upsetting this can be -- but most of the upset is caused by mis-information --
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote