View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 08:18 PM   #5
dereklburt

Drives: 2006 Lotus Elise GM 3.6DI
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
I think he's confused with the test car STS was using that was at the first c5fest. That ran 15 second 1/4 mile.
I saw something about that. They must have had some serious problems. It would be nice to see a run from a current kit. It sounds as if they thought they had things sorted out and didn't. The power output they are claiming on the dyno seems realistic for this engine.

I know that the Lexus/Toyota 3.5 V6 that is a similar type of engine/ 4 cam etc, but that is NOT direct injected, makes similar power NA (on a very generous dyno made 295whp with headers and cold air intake, and with a blower at only 3.5 psi, they showed an increase of 65whp) From what I have read, the direct injection is actually an advantage even with forced induction (unless you get to a point that you run out of fuel and who knows where the limit is? Vince thinks around 450-475whp? currently is a guess but the cobalt guys are working on this and their testing will carry over) It sure seems to me that 425-450whp should be attainable on stock compression as long as the rings hold up. They also verified the power increase with quarter mile times that were in line with the power.

Last edited by dereklburt; 03-09-2011 at 08:20 PM. Reason: further clarify
dereklburt is offline   Reply With Quote