DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
holy crap...I took a link to another page, check this out:

100 + hp on 4.5 psi?!? Jeez!
I think whoever first said this little engine has some potential was understating the situation!
Why are you so surprised, it sounds about right to me. 4.5/14 = 32% gain. 132% of 304=402. I assume that losses due to heat would be countered by an intercooler and additional tuning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3Nigh7Stalk3r View Post
Wow there is a car guy right there. I kind of just turned stupid right there because I kind of knew what you were talking about, but not really. So are you saying that since it's DI there will be no lag from you hitting the pedal, to it going? Or maybe a little lag?
Nope, not what hes saying at all. in a normal engine, it draws fuel and air in, then compresses them, then ignites them, and forces the exhaust out. Problem is, when you compress a gas (like air) it heats up. If it gets too hot, it will ignite the fuel before you want it to. In a turbo charged engine you can't compress the air as much before this happens because you have already forced 30% to 100% more air into the cylinder, its 'pre-compressed' if you will. This whole problem gets avoided with direct injection because the fuel is added after the air is compressed. Air can't burn on its own no matter how hot you get it. It needs fuel.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote