View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 11:55 AM   #74
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam2011 View Post
Exactly what I thought seems like a mediocre upgrade at best, one that will probably raise the cost of the car quite a bit. You really do have to wonder if they are listening?
...actually we are - the problem is that we may not be listening to YOU in particular! Now - I say that tongue in cheek because we continually talk with our owners in any number of ways -- from the Disciples to Product Clinics to attending Camaro shows nearly every weekend in the spring/summer/fall -- believe me - we listen more than any brand out there.......and I can say this because no one else does what we do........

Seriously - I've talked about color until I'm ready to drop over.....

....if we offered 50 colors, they'd be the wrong 50.........because Color is so very subjective.

The Magenta color is very controversial -- lots of fists banged desks and conference room tables....and not everyone on the team agreed that this was the best color to offer --.......but I would also tell you that Synergy Green was hugely divisive until people saw the car.

Magenta is a short run - it will be gone for 2015 -- but we've had people ask for it because Challenger offered purple and magenta.......

It's not easy to develop colors when you share the paint system that paints Impala, XTS, Regal, Equinox and the New Impala.......the colors that would be GREAT Camaro colors wouldn't go over very well on, say, an XTS. There are only so many paint slots --

We have brought out Spring Editions in the past -- and special colors for limited runs - there's no reason to believe we won't continue to do so..........

And for what it's worth: We'll have a Spring Edition Convertible and a Magenta Camaro at Camaro5Fest for you to see in person........