View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 09:04 AM   #3
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxRS View Post
Hello - I've weighed my options for my 2LT RS daily driver. I have a number of bolt ons but don't plan on supercharging/turboing my car so I'll never be over 400 rwhp. I do want to reduce wheel hop and improve cornering/handling in curves. As a result, I've decided solid sub-frame bushings would be overkill and not worth the added price premium.

I'm getting the Hotchkis sways (F/R) and BMR rear trailing arms and toe rods installed so I will have to get my cradle down anyways, I'm leaning towards BMR BK024 full poly bushings instead of inserts. I was initially looking at the EP1201 from Pedders but they seem to have fallen from the face of the earth so I have some concerns there.

Questions:

1. How often will I need to lubricate these after install? Even though they are non-rotating, I don't want to get squeaks or friction that will impair their operation.

2. What is involved in lubricating them after - does anything have to be removed to do it?

Please let me know soon as I gotta pull the trigger on some bushings soon!
BK024 would be a great choice for you!!! And you're absolutely right, something is going on with Pedder's. I would be VERY leary about ordering anything from them.....if you ever want to see your parts!!! JMO!!!

But first off, just because you are changing sway bars, toe rods, and trailing arms does NOT mean you have to drop your cradle, none of those parts require the cradle to be lowered. Well, I take that back....sorta!!! The Drivers-side inner toe rod bolt does require the cradle to be lowered down just a little.....but certainly not removed!!!

Secondly, once installed, there is no need to lubricate the "full" Cradle Bushings....ever. There is little to no movement of any of the surfaces, so no lubrication is needed.

You might want to see if this guy still has these....seems like a good deal!!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319840
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote