View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 08:49 PM   #24
1FAST SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Marine View Post
Yep, you will never get the same ummphh from shorties...plain and simple. Nor will you get the same gains the vendors claim (18HP FROM shorties...).

Knowing that, and know I care more about passing emissions than 15-20 HP, I went with shorties (and $260 for the SS option). So getting 9hp and 15 tq was reasonable.

I am sure most tuner's will disagree, but there is still a noticable punch after the install....but it isn't huge; you can just notice it. I already had HF cats, and X-Back exhaust, so the tone of the exhaust was just slightly deeper from where I sit. Others said they could notice a change.

At the end of the day, HF cats were the best return on investment for me...netting just over 20hp to the wheels.

I chose shorties to save emissions, ease of install, cost, and convenience; not for raw HP gains..cant touch LT headers...even crappy ones
I agree. I went with Shorty headers with Hi Flow cats also. The cats are the real HP gainer. I went with shorty headers to keep my warranty. In the future I will go with LT to get the HP, but for now the shortys work for me.

CAI Cold Air Induction, ADM Race Scoop, Apex Washer Bottle Kit, Vengeance Racing Kaotic Cam, DOD/VVT delete and LS3 conversion, American Racing LT Headers, American Racing Headers Off Road pipes, Borla S-Type Catback, FTI Billet Triple Disk 3600 rpm Torque Converter, DSS Aluminium Drive Shaft, AAC Plasma DRL's, Showstopper LED Sidemarkers,Carbon FIber Bow Ties, 35% Window Tint, Llyod's Floor Mats, JBL MS-8 Sound Processor, 2 Alpine PDX-1.600, Alpine PDX-4.100, JL Audio C5-650, JL Audio C5-650x, Alpine T10 Type R Shallow Mount, Stinger Dry Cell Battery
1FAST SS is offline   Reply With Quote