View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #13
rray

Drives: 2013 GAZ 2SS/RS
Hi Ranier, Welcome to Camaro5. I would be interested in one of those gauge hoods, but I would like to modify it a bit taller to accommodate an 8" TFT panel.

I have the 2013 Mylink Navigation, which really sucks and has lousy audio, so I am building my own navigation unit, (actualy it's my second home built navigation car PC) and want to put my gauge screens on it where the center speaker was:

My NAV intertainment carpc supports 2 screens, so I am replacing the stock screen:

With this mount modified for an 8" screen. This is the old 7" screen from my first version:

Here are some screens showing other features of the project:

I have Phone, HD Radio, Navigation, Fuel Price updates, All forms of Media w/internet database, Any size of storage, OBDII, TPMS, GPS, WIFI, BT, 4G, Digital I/O through Phidgets, Steering Wheel interface, Voice Control, High Quality USB DAC for superior audio, Front and rear cameras, Front and rear object avoidance, and lots more already built in.

I have been searching for ideas to add a second screen, and your TGH project looks like the best solution yet. I was going to hack in a popup screen where the center speaker was, but yours is more elegant.

-Robert