View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #21
2011 RJT

Drives: 2011 RJT/RS
Well,the dealership I bought the car from sold me the car with no refidge in it. They filled it. A week later,hot air again. They had the car for a week. Said they put dye in it,couldn't find a thing. Said 70 degree air is normal for the AC to blow.
After that fiasco,took it to a different dealer. They found the problem in a 1/2 hour. Cracked weld on the condensor. Condensor replaced (took 3 days to get). A month later,warm air again. Took it back,they said compressor bad. Replaced that. (again 3 more down days). No problems due to winter,but last summer towards end of summer,back to warm. Moved and took it to new dealer. Some kind of seal. Replaced. Fine until this spring. Again another seal. Replaced. A month later,warm again. Took it in and after 5 hours,they said evap core.
Told me to bring car in Monday so they can take windshield out and dash and prep for part which was to be there Tuesday. Get a call Thursday,said they ordered wrong part. I said,you should have known that Tuesday. Well they were to overnight the part Thursday. Would be there before 10am Friday. Well,no car yet. Its now Monday. VERY,VERY trying. Feel they aren't being very honest about whats going on. Meanwhile I'm paying for insurance on a rental because the dealership won't.
Bottom line is every car will have problems. I get that. But after 2 yrs,my AC problem still isn't fixed. Not to mention the time to sit a dealership,time without car,etc. I just want the damn thing fixed and correctly,just not on the installment plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
ok, makes sense on the move...... the rest suck and makes no sense.

But I must say in GM's defense..... this is a pretty rare occasion when you look at how many cars have been sold. That doesn't make it any easier to swallow, or make it right, I really hope you get it resolved.

My car is 4yrs old as of april, I have had no issues with my car until now. it is a minor issue at this point.

I also have to find the thread about the airbag cracks in the horn and dash now..... the seam in my horn airbag is showing through. my dash is ok, but the horn shows the seam.
2011 RJT is offline   Reply With Quote