View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 03:33 PM   #712
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
Why?
if I ever did want to go FI. I could push higher boost. but it goes back to experience i've already had. I hear and see how thin the walls are on the ls7 it makes me wonder how long it would last with over 1000 horses. don't get me wrong I respect and like what the ls7 is. I just don't want it for my car.

thicker walls also give you the option to bore out more later on. if the engine is producing close to 500 hp at 6.2. . .with the right parts and a better bore and stroke could produce so much more. if you're worried that much about weight then you probably shouldn't even be looking at this car period. you will save how much in weight from a 6.2 to 7.0 ls7? I can't imagine it being more the a few lbs. which could be made up for some where else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
If you want forced induction, why not just by a ZL1?
I want NA. but with the possibility to go FI in the future. if I ever go FI it will be to push high amounts of boost because I can't get to where I want via NA.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote