View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #12
*_ERIC_*
OMINOUS

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012REDSS View Post
Can't really help with your op but from a Soldier who spent a year running the roads of afghan in the matv thanks for what you do keeping us safe.
You're welcome. We started last July over here and upgraded over 5000 MATV's. I spent a year in Iraq when I was in the Army from '02-'06. I worked on Abrams tanks then. When I got to Iraq in Jan '05 all we had were HMMWV's; I barely worked on tanks. MATV's are much better than what we had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx03 View Post
What power level are you looking for? You can forge your stock block or go with a ERL block and use your stock one for a core charge. I personally am going with a ERL 6 bolt 427 and then max my D1SC and move on to a F1R.

In your case I would definitely go with a Procharger but other questions need to be answered before giving you answers. Callie's crank and rods, diamond pistons are a good start and keeping the compression around 9.8-10.2.
I would like to get 800 horses to the wheels. I'm looking to forge my stock block. Although the ERL block looks very appealing opening the door to 427 CI, I think I'm going to stick with my Aluminum block. It should be sufficient enough.

Next question is whether I should get a 416/418 Stroker kit or keep it the same with forged internals? Then the biggest question is which heads should I run?

If I'm to keep the compression around 9.8-10.2 then I could get -22.5cc Diamond pistons, Callies Dragonslayer 4.000 Crank, and either Callies Compstar I beam or Ultra Billet 6.125 Rods all mated up using 260cc PRC heads with 62cc combustion chambers and .040 head gasket. That'll give me right around 9.9:1 CR, not sure how much deck height will affect the CR, not sure where the pistons will sit. Or I could choose -15cc Wiseco pistons and same heads with 68cc combustion chambers. That would get me around 10.1:1. Now my question is this, would it be better to get heads with smaller combustion chambers or not? Which setup would be better for a Centri?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
Twin turbo, but if not ECS kit.
I haven't even heard about the ECS kit until now. Quite impressive and cheaper! I think I found a winner. Good looking out!

Last edited by *_ERIC_*; 12-09-2012 at 01:25 PM.
*_ERIC_* is offline   Reply With Quote