View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 01:01 PM   #36
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel insane View Post
There are many manufacturers offering matte finish vehicles - I've already posted Harley & Mercedes examples.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
+1

Satin or matte is not hard to maintain. White I've heard is tough. As for repairing a scratch, I'm not sure how it will be done but Hyundai must know something after releasing the below yet in a matte gunmetal color last year.
Let me highlight the relevant parts of my two previous posts:

1. "And therefore it is a no-go for those of us actually tracking the car. Impossible to clean the clag off without destroying the paint."
2. "pretty as it is, it's not practical for a track car."

Before I waste my time furthering my point, I'll ask the two of you to post up one photo each of you and your car after having driven at a track event. Because if you can't do that, then you simply don't have the background to understand the issue at hand.

If you do have tracking experience, please point out the clag cleaning technique and products you use to avoid damaging the matte/satin finish?

Fair?

The Z/28 is optimized to be a track car, why would GM then compromise on the serviceability of the paint?

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote