View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 09:01 PM   #46
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
OK, I'm still reserving judgment until I sit and drive in one, but this article confirmed my worst fears and there's a really good chance I'm gonna pass on the Camaro. The big turn-off for me has been size and weight, but I held out hope that the Camaro would be just like the G8 and hide that weight and seem to shrink. Nope. Not only is the Camaro big and heavy, but they say it feels heavier! Sorry, nope, that's not going to work for me. If I wanted to drive a tank, I would have joined the army. At least their tanks have really big guns attached. And a steering wheel that hurts your hands? Erm, no. OK so the bad interior materials were confirmed, but I can overlook that as long as the rest of the car is good and nothing I touch is bad. But you're touching the steering wheel 99.9% of the time you're in the car! Combined with the poor interior materials and bad ergonomic design, I find it really hard to justify making this stretch. The numbers are still great and it is one of the sexiest cars on the road, but the price is a big financial stretch for me and there may be too many downsides to justify that.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote