View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 10:41 PM   #94
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
Yeah even the Z06 and ZR1 don't have an open vents in front and it's a MAJOR styling feature of those cars. If you think about it it's obvious that the Camaro won't have it open either because hood latch (and actually the main structure that supports the radiator and the whole front end) is right behind there just like in the Vette. And yeah the rears are like the 69's as you can see in the all the pictures. The sheetmetal (including the gas cap) has been finalized for a LONG time.
You know...call me crazy - but this actually makes me feel MUCH better. THe vette's 'vent' was good enough to fool me, and apparently soome others.

And up until a month ago - I always thought the 69-67's rear vents were open as well...

So - if GM does a good job at making them Look real (like the Vette)...then I have NO problems with it. (Hell, even the latest spy shots have some of you thinking the vent was open)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbodybuddy View Post
I got a feeling..and I am not trolling... this a legitimate question....even if they get rid of the other headlight/ driving light or whatever it is, the turn signal has to go somewhere. I don't think the concept grille with the turn signal in the corner would pass DOT specs. It doesn't look like the concept turn signal would even fit in the corner of the test car's front fascia. Turn signals are necessary. The light haters are gonna be disappointed.
I've often wondered about this as well...but think for a second:
Challenger - has side repeater lamps (directionals mounted to the side of the car) And has directionals inside the grille area. So when the blinker is on, even if you're on the side of the car and can't see the one in the grille, you've got the side repeaters for you.

I think it will be the same deal with the Camaro (though, I wouldn't doubt the turn signals get a little BIGGER...but