View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #4
Silverguardrail

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1448
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmgdave View Post
It is most likely the rear end, the lsd will make noise when turn. I looked at the other thread about the noise. Mine was doing the same thing. I changed the fuild and it remained. I stopped by my dealer and talked with my service manager since I was picking up some LSD lube. He said he has seen this alot and wanted to show me something about it.

We took my ZL1 out for a ride with the Service Manager driving. Every turn it moaned or whinned. He then went to an empty part of the parking lot and turn the steering all the way to the left and started doing circles after about 8-10 circles (I lost count) he stopped and then did the same thing to the right. Noise was gone after he finished. He stated that he has seen this alot and what happens is in normal driving the clutches do not get enough lube and by doing the circles it put pressure on the cluches and gets them all lubed up.

Then today I was tell a good friend that owns a repair show next my business and he said he does all the time with his race car to ensure the clutches are working correctly. He also said adding to much additional lube will cause the clutches to slip.
Great information, thanks !

ZL1 - the true definition of joy ride
Silverguardrail is offline   Reply With Quote