View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 12:49 AM   #2622
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
And lowering it is on his list.... along with a few other things. I think he wants to go springs for now. But his 1LE is absolutely friggin' sweet. What I'd give to get a 2013 1LE. Hot damn, man....WOW. If I could trade up, I most definitely would. I've got to get Dana her Tahoe first. She's been so patient. But, if that wasn't in the picture, I'd do it asap.....trade up and get into a 1LE. DONE.

In other news, I finally ripped apart the rear of the Camaro today. It started with, "I'm running outside to hit my leather with some conditioner" knowing that it needed to get vacuumed as well. So....I pulled out the floor mats. Then, decided I was going to pull out the back seats to really give them a good cleaning (kids spilled a drink or two and I spilled.....mouthwash ). So, I pulled them out. Next thing I knew, I had both side panels off and was unscrewing the box from the back of the trunk. I finally figured out how to take off the back deck lid (with a new little crack in it....damnit....) and FINALLY FOUND ALL MY RATTLES! HA!

With that JL 12" W7, all sorts of shit have come loose back there. I'm pointing to one spot which....as I pointed....was not actually where the rattle was coming from. It actually turned out after I took the picture that the metallic rattle was the screw receiver that the screw (about two inches away) was screwed into. The screw came loose and the wooded plate came loose. That was a tiny rattle. But the bit rattle was the screw receiver that was metal and touched metal to metal to the rear deck lid. Well no crap....I finally found it.... I tossed in a little weather stripping back there in a couple spots, rolled the speaker wire in some "poppy paper" and after cleaning the entire inside of the car, tossed everything back in (after cleaning those too, of course).

Found a loose quarter, a broken screw, broken zip tie, one M&M, two missing snap securing thingies that go on the side panels, and more spilled mouthwash. Sure some of those were more causes of rattles too.

Hit all the seats and leather with conditioner. Sucked it up like the Sahara... Detailed out the rest of the interior and hot damn if it isn't like new. Vacuumed up the carpets and we're good.

No more rattles from inside the car. Now I just have a crap ton of rattles coming from under the rear bumper and under the car....

Damn all that bass!!!
Attached Images

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote