View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 06:02 PM   #84
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 View Post
I agree for the most part. The Mustang is cheaper and has been out for four years, rebates and discounts are available. The Camaro is making its debut and it is at a disadvantage as far a rebates and demand, the price will be higher. You kind of miss the point of the word fair, the mustang as it is now, aging body, cheaply made, tons of bang for the buck is fair. The new Camaro Brand new styling, leading class in hp, performance, mpg, the list goes on, not including the few surprises we may still get. And we get all of this for a few thousand more. Camaro at msrp for the first 8 months is fair. Now the srt-8 challenger, horrible gas milage, over weight, cheap interior, cookie cutter platform, at 39k, now that is not fair. Now the Z06, which i know i cant afford, is fair compared to its comp right? So the price is fair Werther or not we can afford it or not. Now you and me have no clue what the actual MSRP is going to be, nor have we seen, driven, or know the options on the new Camaro production car. So ask anyone how can you know what a fair price is for a car that you have not seen, or driven, or even know the price of? How do you know what it is worth to you, or people in general? So if someone wants below MSRP on a car that doesn't exist yet, or price that has not been named, that person is not looking for a fair price, that person is looking for a discount, simply because he knows it is there!
Please excuse misspelled words and poor grammar
Hey Dragon I think I explained this one better! +1 for the salesmen LOL
As stated in response to another post, please dont take my post as a bash on the camaro. This car is beautifully put together both interior, exterior and performance. I believe it is a step above the challenger, G8, Mustang, etc etc....

I am a college student...one of the few that has a job that pays over 45k a year...I can afford the camaro and I may gladly pay MSRP. My post was merely in response that many dealers I have spoken with...(and not that I am saying I got this vibe from you), have stated they expect to price the camaro AT THEIR DEALERSHIPS between 3-5k over the comparable mustang...now, again...I believe this IS fair..because I am a camaro lover, the camaro is well above its comparable matches, and have wanted one since the day I first laid eyes on a 1st, 2nd and 4th gen owned by my family members...so I may pay that difference in the mustang.

What I am saying is...if I have 30 of my closet friends, all between the ages of 20 and 35, maybe 2 share my passion for the camaro and will pay...the other 28 will not pay the hike. You are exactly right though...hell the car may only be 500 dollars excess of the mustang, but don't act like the dealer wont tack 2 or 3k and say exactly what you are saying "It is a much better vehicle"..yes, it is. With the rebates, the incentives, I dont care how trashy, plastic, or a step down in performance the mustang is...you will NOT attract the on the fence buyer. The 20-30 year old will not pay an additional 150 dollars a month for it, that is exactly why the 4th gen was hurting. Dealers are preaching that this vehicle has the perks that a stang doesnt and again..I AGREE, so dont take it the wrong way..but many of those people who appreciate and have a passion for these vehicles are also targets in the corvette community. This vehicle attracts the younger age bracket...I am telling you, from a college student's stand point...if you don't sell the camaro within 1,000-2,000 of a comparable mustang it will NOT sell to the younger bracket, the very bracket GM has admitted to targeting with this camaro. There will always be the passion for the vehicle that I have, and all on this forum who will gladly pay the 2,000..hell I might even dish 5,000 to a comparable mustang, but the majority will not...
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote