View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 09:21 PM   #84
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDood View Post
GTAHVIT...

Did you have the option for foam insulation?

Our 3300 sq/ft slab was poured the second week of April last year and we closed the third week of June. It was 100% built with sticks. Not a single pre-fabbed piece came on site other than the cupboards and built in entertainment center since they were built at the cabinet shop and delivered. Everything was stained after it was installed.
the only thing prefab'd on this house will be the ceiling trusses. Everything else will be built from scratch.

We don't have a foam option but we did go with a celulose insulation. I forget what the actual rating is with the cellulose... I want to say it was close to 30??? total guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDood View Post
Post tension cable method isn't standard in FL? Or isn't there an issue with the ground staying stable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
Its up to you, It help prevent the slab from lifting.

But if you have wire mesh that helps too.

And last a 6 mil plastic waterproof member.

Here you go.
Greek to me... LOL As far as I know they will lay down rebar and plastic throughout the foundation... I just wasn't up to speed on the terminology...

I'll be taking pictures daily and I will be sure to ask... but I am 99% positive that they will lay rebar in a grid much like the pic Ofer posted.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote