View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #61
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Quote:
With that said, I don't see helping RJ out as collecting "DONATIONS" but, more along the lines of you inviting a friend out to lunch and he can't go because he either lost his lunch money, job, whatever, the reason it doesn't matter. It wouldn't be a big deal to buy the guy lunch because you value the friend more than you do the $5.00 and would want to be able to have the opportunity to hang together. The hell with the 5 bucks.
BEST explaination and outlook on this yet!

Quote:
Will the insurance money allow him to replace his car, NO! I'm in the insurance business and they are only insured for the value of the car at the time, PERIOD. Mods are not include because unless you wrote a policy with a "stated" agreed upon value. If not, they are going to pay you whatever the depreciated value of that car is. So if lets say you owe $20,000 on your car and the value of the car is $22,000. Well your only getting $2,000 regardless if you had $100,000 in mods and gold toilet seats.
Again DEAD ON! If you spend this kind of money on mods and don't have a Modified or Show Car policy then your asking for trouble.

http://www.carinsurancecomparison.co...car-insurance/

I think the same thing happened to "spymaster" when his wrap or paint was damaged.
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote