View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 04:54 PM   #250
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Rim life and front fascia cosmetics. I have a very good relationship with Forgeline and use their wheels exclusively. They are light weight race wheels. I have driven them cross country with 305/30/19 and cringed when I hit Philadelphia pot hole or Detroit bombshell like crater size pot hole. Fortunately I have never bent one, but a 30 profile tire on the front end of a 4,000 (with driver and fuel) vehicle are bent rims waiting to happen. One of the coolest details on the Z/28 is the ultra lightweight OE wheels are designed and tested to survive the pot holes I worry about and still would.

The 19" fitment drops the Camaro a full inch on the bottom. That brings parking barriers, some ramps and pot holes into contact with the front fascia and some time the side fascia. If you are used to driving a very low from the factory car or a lowered car it isn't a big deal. For those that drive more typical height cars the learning curve can be expensive.
Both points make great sense, and running through the mountains of north Georgia, I hurt more than one wheel on the WS6 with the pot hole that was not there the week before! Can you give a quick explanation of the rear end differences between the 1LE and the ZL1? I was under the impression that they were the same piece, though I do remember reading that there were differences in spring perches, or something like that.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote