View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 01:11 AM   #13
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I'm no psychic either, but there will always be a desire for performance cars. If an equally rewarding, inexpensive replacement for the V8 presents itself, then the V8 will be in trouble.

Think big, people. GM isn't the only company using more than 6 cylinders. There are a lot of companies—Rolls Royce, Bentley, Lamborghini, Porsche, Chrysler, Ford, Ferrari just to name a few—that use a lot of cylinders. While some of these brands have a calling in the luxury field, they all rely on the rewarding nature of a loud, large-displacement motor as a means of satisfying the driver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
The V8 will never dissapear. Now, don't ever speak that blasphemy again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
There are some vehicles which will always offer V8's. Mostly trucks and luxury cars. Problem is that GM is still needs to get the mileage average to 35 and that won't be as easy as some people think. Porsche and Ferarri don't make enough cars to qualify under cafe restrictions.
Yea, I should have added to my post that: I agree, there will always be V8's in something. And as fast as the electric cars coming are and will be, I lika the rumble and the roar of an LS3. They'll have to pry it from my dead fingers wrapped around the leather covered steering wheel. or better yet, just bury me in it.
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote