View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #7
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by onechuck View Post
Ok guys, I have to chime in... I have had a window tinting shop for over 22 years now and there are a ton off places that sell window film. There are also several kinds, dieds films which are the cheapest, and then there are metalized films and now there are ceramic films. You are not paying for the film, per say, you are paying to have it installed. Ceramic films all carry a lifetime warranty where ever they are manufactured. They do cost more for a roll than a died roll. But, over $300 is INSANE!!!!. I can roll a camaro in my bay and it will roll out in less than 45 minutes. That is heat shrinking the back glass and heating the indexing windows so you can roll them down. I charge $150 to use LLumar ceramic film.
Ok, so how about quality, I don't remember the brand, but it's a lifetime warranty. I had it installed and suddenly thought, I probably should have gone somewhere else. The front windows look fine except a piece of dirt in the drivers window, and I know they will replace that. But the small side windows, they look ok from the outside, but from the inside I guess he figured it didn't matter and the edge of the tint is not tucked up in there, it's all jagged and rough.

As a tint man how much would you care about how the inside of the back windows look. As a car owner I care. I'm just trying to get an idea of what reasonable expectations are for $140