View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 09:43 AM   #133
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
I posted in John's build thread the BBB link and quoted the 1 (only 1) complaint filed through the BBB for Savini Forged Wheels

Quote:
Complaint: 06/10/2009: I am writing in an attempt to resolve the list of problems that I have had with your product. I personally do not think that for the money that I have spent, I should be treated the way I have been from your company. The price on my wheels was over $5,000 and from day one I have had nothing but problems.These wheels were never used in the harsh weather, meticulously maintained and have many finish defects. There are so many problems with these wheels I feel it is only right that I should get at least a partial refund for the problems with these wheels or to have them fixed. In closing, I have explained to you my situation. I hope that working together we can come to a reasonable solution. I am giving your company the opportunity to rectify the situation before I attempt to take it further. Please contact me once you receive this letter

Business response: Company expressed via letter, The consumer purchased the wheels through one of our distributors, however we agreed to replace the parts at an agreed upon price, however the consumer never sent the product back while under warranty. What the consumer wants now has nothing to do with the scope of the warranty.

Consumer rebuttal: This is inaccurate. We agreed on the initial reconditioning before for the dimples and blemishes in the chrome and the crests that occurred in the lips. A crest is a highpoint in the metal that indicates a week spot in the lip of the rim. The rims also have ripples in the lips. A ripple indicates that the metal is bending under the chrome finish. Now the 3rd problem is that after 2 years of proper care and maintained the center seal has blown out in the right rear lip. My point here is that the blemishes were defects I noted with the company immediately. Then I noted the ripples and crests. Now I noted the defective seal. There is no doubt in my mind that these wheels are unsafe and by driving or using them I risk my safety. I am simply asking for a 50% refund and the company can have the wheels back. The quality is horrible. The customer service is even worse. In closing the entire time I have had these wheels I have had problems. The product was never properly manufactured. Nothing has been done and I have spent a lot of money. I think something needs to be done for my great dissatisfaction. I feel a partial refund is in order.
Complaint was closed and they have a B- rating.

I'm with you Randy, some people can bomb a business and can never be satisfied. But this complaint above sounds very familiar, doesn't it?