Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Thanks Pete.
Ditto.

Couple questions for Pete, though.

Around 8:00 into the first video there's some sort of discussion going on. Care to share?

In the second video there seems to be a consistent buzzing noise under braking. Any idea what that was?

Quote:
Now Please everyone stop worrying about the 5Gen's weight!
Believe me, I'm trying. The cornering and handling performance levels are amazing.

What's a bit difficult for me is resolving that with the same characteristics of cars weighing barely half that, which is ultimately the comparison I keep coming back to because that's what sports cars used to weigh. I came this >| |< close to buying an MGB in 1970.

Back in the mid 1970's a friend of mine owned a 39xx lb big-block 2nd Gen Camaro. Mildly modified for autocross and brisk TSD rallye driving it was pretty good for its day. But these cars would all eat it for lunch at any venue you'd care to choose.

Further, I can't help but think that over a 20 minute track session there's still a bit to be had from a little less weight per mm of tire tread width. Particularly if the laps are being timed for Optima or similar purposes.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote