View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 12:22 AM   #18
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSylentZL1 View Post
With that being said, no being can prevent another person from hitting them. If it happens it happens, that can happen in the summer as well. Don't plan on buying a beater but I will search a bit more for the tires when the time comes and the ZL1 is on the streets. I plan to not stress on the tires for the ZL1.
Oh, of course not. But the odds of getting into an accident go up substantially when there's snow on the ground. I'm not saying its a sure thing, just trying to point out another reason why some people take their cars off the road for the winter.

If you do go with winter tires, try to get rims that are narrower and a smaller diameter. And for once, a heavy wheel is helpful -cuts through the snow better. Steelies would be best, but I don't think anyone makes steelies big enough to fit a ZL1 right now (I think it would take a 19", since 18's barely fit the SS and not all 18" designs do). Maybe there will be 19" steelies for the Camaro in 9 months, but I doubt it.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote