View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 05:13 AM   #22
AirManFL
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVengeancex28 View Post
It seems to be an issue anytime of day, morning, night, afternoon.. not sure if those speed tests online that are free do much but i did one from comcast and it said mine was 22.29 mb download and 4.46 upload.. second time i ran the test it gave me a reading of 18mb download and 4.65 upload, not sure but that doesnt sound like a whole lot.

As for the modem / router.. it does have built in wifi, however from what ive been reading in the thread it sounds like its the ISP or router issue. Ill have to see what im "suppose" to getting for MB and speed tomorrow. I wouldnt be surprised if im suppose to be getting more and I'm getting half. Friend of mine said he was suppose to be getting something like 50mb and he was only receiving 20.

Also again, the internet has been great all day no cutting out.. but i guarantee the second i hop on youtube and try to watch anything itll drop
Chris...if you have their wifi in the modem on and your wifi router on at the same time, they are interfering with each other. Trust me, you need to call them and tell them you need them to bridge their modem.

I just went through the same exact issue with Brighthouse and now it's as stable as it can be.

Just to be clear...I was getting 40 mb download speeds and suddenly the browser would just freeze but I was still connected to wifi. Then it would come back..etc etc.

Rob
AirManFL is offline   Reply With Quote