View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #70
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
This would be very nice, but I fully expect to pay a GG tax. And with comments like this below, comments that make me very happy, I'll gladly pay the tax.

I definitely don't want compromises in regards to power for the sake of avoiding the GG tax. If they can somehow pull off both at the same time, great, but all out performance for me is the number one goal not avoiding the tax. Al's words are very encouraging to say the least, so I have faith they won't cripple power output to avoid the GG tax.

I'm sure you are right, it definitely makes the most sense that way.

I'm just thinking in line with the ZL1's main competitor, the GT500. I have a hard time rationalizing how they are going to offer all these features standard and will be able to offer the vehicle around the GT500's approximate 48-49k starting price point. Even if the ZL1's starting price point was just a few thousand more, it would be a great performance bargain.

I'm just wondering if they will hold back a few performance features at the entry level to compete with the entry level GT500 price and offer the all out performance featured version at a higher price. I believe the GT500 with the track pack runs mid 50's, so I'm wondering if GM will implement a similar pricing and option strategy.

Al made no bones about what the intent of the ZL1 is. He said he didn't want to just beat the Mustangs, he wanted to destroy them.

He even made a comment that about they're being mustang fans in the audience, but he didn't care....