View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 09:41 AM   #189
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Ok I had to comment haha!

So in about um.. seven months from now, v6 owners will really have nothing to worry about. Reason being, when the ZL1 becomes widely available, the SS gets put in 2nd place so it looses the fastest stock production Camaro title.

You'll hear alot less gripes and moans. We just need to make sure the ZL1 sells well so that they are not rare machines.

On the V6 note, you can get up to 380hp at the engine without turboing by installing LT headers (BBK), a Vararam CAI, Highflow cats, a high flow Axleback and with the LT headers, a tune and 91/octane tune. Using 91/93octane is an easily way to add a few more hp to the current v6 Camaro which requires only 87octane to reach 312hp. All these mods purchased and installed will cost you around $2000 which is alot cheaper than stepping up to an SS which will still be faster but not that much as long as your not doing anything to it. When I went to order my 2LT, the 2SS was about $7500-8000(CAD) more not to mention the $90 a month more insurrance payments.

The cheapest mod to maximize a v6 is the new STILL not released but soon to be released Vararam CAI which is claiming to boost 30hp gains on the manuals and 27hp gains on the automatics. Super impressive if you ask me. I feel like I should be marketing there product lol. I'm keeping my eye close on this mod.

As what everyone else says, if you can afford it, just get an SS. I absolutely love speed as well but I have another niche, I need fuel economy as I do lots of highway driving so I choose the 6er and modded it to keep with the higher fuel economy.

Shaun

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote