View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 06:10 PM   #2809
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I find it funny how Ford releases information about their mustang lineup everytime something important on the ZL1 comes out. It blows how the ZL1 will always be overshadowed by th Mustang, it is good competition and competiton is good reared for us but still its like damn. I really don't think that that Chevy will release a Camaro that produces over 600hp in another 2yrs as it might overshadow the Corvette and may not be good business for true company, unless Chevy was preparing for the Shelby GT 500 to come out with those numbers. Now here's my theory, i think that 580hp is just an early early and may be trying to find ways to push extra numbers, kinda like how they said the V6 was only 305hp but actually had 312hp and released it when the GT Mustang came out with 314hp or something of that nature. I mean 40hp isn't much and maybe the ZL1 can push another 18hp to get closer to that 600 mark. But who knows if the '13 GT500 will come near the 55k mark or how it handles compared to the ZL1, and thats the exciting part. Ford and Shelby Motorsports didn't have a ZL1 to compare numbers and specs to like Chevy did so maybe the ZL1 can still outperform the upcoming Shelby. If not, call our big cousins the Corvette family to take care of the matter at hand. The only thing Ford gots is the Ford GT and I havnt seen that thing around in a while. Okay now ill step off my soapbox, continue on with your day folks.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote