View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 02:00 PM   #852
blufin

Drives: Fire Engine
Talking According to Motor Trend...

Hi everyone, first post here. Like most others on this thread, I'm hoping for the big dog Camaro. What give me hope is an article I read recently in Motor Trend, june of 2008. They did a 2 page article about the new Camaro. The article states under pricing:
"Look for the low-to-mid $20s for a base , V-6 Camaro. Available trims are also forecast to include a V-8 Z28 and, eventually, a high-output (say, at least 500 horses) SS (Super Sport) edition to combat the Shelby GT500. Given Bob Lutz's proclamation that Camaro pricing will shadow the Mustang's that would put a base Z28 at about $27,000and a base SS at $44-$45k."

We now know that the SS is what this article is refering to as the Z28. It sounds like they have the 2 models ( SS and Z28 ) flipped around. From what I'm reading, the big dog is coming, eventually. In my years of reading car magazines, Motor Trend is usually pretty accurate. They have been off a few times, but not waaaay off. I trust what I'm reading and I can't wait. If it doesn't happen, I'll make my own. 2SS, Kenne Belle, 10 bolt, beefier tranny and away i go.
blufin is offline   Reply With Quote