View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 09:32 AM   #19
99-LS1-SS
Waiting...

Drives: 2009 G8 GXP M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme Innovations & Fab View Post
When they about the duty cycle, if they say the duty cycle is at 100%, that means your injector is maxed out and will not flow any more fuel other than what it is at. At this point , you can do two things to correct this 1-raise the fuel pressure to compensate 2- put a bigger set of injectors in. But just remember, if you do one or the other you better make sure the fuel delivery system can keep up. I work alot with the after market EFI systems like F.A.S.T. and Big stuff 3 . when I do a tuneup on a motor I dont try to let the duty cycle get past 90% , because now the tuning window is limited and also if the injector is maxed and its runs into a lean condition it has no extra fuel for correction.

Hopefully this helps
Craig,

I've got the "60 lb" injectors that came with the TVS2300 and I have twin 342 Walbros intank. I logged a run this morning and right when my car was hitting redline (6600 rpms) my injector duty cycle was 90%. If I go down a couple of pulley sizes will my injectors stay close to 90% or will it push them over the edge? I've got plenty of fuel volume and pressure potential but I'm running the stock -6 line from the regulator to the fuel rail.

Thank you.
Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms and toe rods
Misc Mods: Jamesbiz Catch can - GRRRR8 Heater hose relo kit
99-LS1-SS is offline   Reply With Quote