View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
Powhusku

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Photos/Videos From The 2012 Rocky Mountain Rally (Pic Heavy)

During the past week, I participated in the 2012 Rocky Mountain Rally, driving from Colorado Springs, CO to Las Vegas, NV. The rally is done by an organization called Rally North America (RNA). Roughly 40 people participated, driving 30 cars. Many traveled thousands of miles to be at the rally, some coming from as far as Canada. Considering how small-scale the organization is, I was extremely impressed with how well the rally was organized and executed. This was the first time I'd ever participated in a road rally, and I will certainly be doing it again next year, especially since it only cost $200 to enter.

Every year, RNA donated all proceeds from each of it's rallies to a specific charity, a new one is chosen each year. Last years charity was the The Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund , and this year's charity was the Accelerated Cure Project for Multiple Sclerosis (ACP), and RNA and the rally participants raised over $61,000 for ACP! So here's all the pictures I took during the rally, and also a video I made with the dash cam.Enjoy!

Day Zero: 1st hotel and driver's meeting
Colorado Springs, CO

Day One: Start Line At Pikes Peak International Raceway, Finish In Glennwood Springs, CO

Pikes Peak

Day Two: Start in Glennwood Springs, CO and end in Salina, UT

30 miles to go and not a gas station in sight

My Team (Team Stig)

Day Three: Start In Salina, UT And End In Las Vegas, NV

Our Hotel

After the rally was finished, I went to a place called Exotic Racing, which lets you drive super cars around a road coarse. I drove two cars, a Porsche 997 Turbo S, and a Lamborghini Aventador

Probably one of the better experiences of my life. Good thing I remembered to bring my camera. I look forward to doing next year's rally as well. As you saw in one of the pics above, there was a guy filming for us, named TJ. He is very good at what he does, and he anticipates that the video will be completed by September or October, so I'll post it on this thread then. And now, the videos so far. the bottom video is last year's rally, Rally Appalachia made by TJ (just click the link).

http://vimeo.com/33361137http://vimeo.com/33361137

Last edited by Powhusku; 09-02-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Powhusku is offline   Reply With Quote