View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 05:12 AM   #11
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettsimons View Post
Hey guys,
So I really want to do a cam and after talking to my brother and Joe at Powertech Performance, I was convinced that the best option for my scenario (don't have thousands of dollars to pay someone to replace lifters/remove afm) was to get one of the AFM/VVT cams from Texas Speed, Comp cams, or Mast. Now I basically just have these questions:
  1. Does anyone know how different the AFM 1, 2, and 3 cams are? Like how much more aggresive is 3 compared to 2 and 1?
    Yes 3 is the more aggressive one, the rest are not worth it IMHO.
  2. Does anyone know where to find any dyno numbers for each cam or what the general increase in HP and torque is? I looked everywhere and couldn't find anything and if I did, it was just the dreaded red x
    Look in the L99 dyno sticky and search there.
  3. Do I need to replace the push rods? I figured I do but I just want to make sure...
    YES, with the correct length and you'll know what size when you choose the cam, the company will let you know what the correct length is with their cam (as long as you don't mill the heads)
  4. Lastly, do I need to replace the springs or anything else in the valve train?
Of course you do, a set of Brian Tooley platinum springs, and do the comp trunnions upgrade along with a katech C5r timing chain and deleting the chain tensioner with an Ls2 dampner.

As always I love this forum and thanks for the help
Your welcome.
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote