View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 01:49 AM   #54
vincentcamaro

Drives: Camaro SS 2013
Thanks for all the help really. But I'm 27. I guess it is going to be a hassel doing it all. I just want it to be a 1,000hp like it was meant to be 1000hp. Hennessey performance made a 1000hp zl1 and i just want my ss to be just as great.it does sound cool in conversation, but I won't be racing it and beating it up on the streets, I'll probably take it for a drive occasionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
My responses are in red. 1000hp sounds cooler in conversation than it is in real life. With that much power, it is when, and not if, you will break something. That level of power brings out the weak points. You fix one weak point, another shows up. Granted, if you aren't racing the car, the weak points won't show as quickly.

Moneywise, you'll be spending a lot. You will not achieve 1000hp without using some form or combination of forced induction such as a blower, a centrifugal blower, single or twin turbos, and nitrous. If you try to do it naturally aspirated, you'll end up with a big cammed, high compression engine that cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and won't be any fun to drive on the street and you won't get there anyway with an LS platform engine.

May I ask how old you are?
vincentcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote