Originally Posted by sr71bb View Post
Well this combo is a daily driver that pushes over a 1000 RWHP

Short Block:

LSA block bored with just with 4.005 bore
Forged Rods with WISECO pistons
ARP head studs and ARP hardware on bottom end
Custom ported LS3 Heads
STOCK crank

Comments: Two items listed above are being pushed to the MAX at this level. ONE, the crankshaft, Any more power and I would use DRAGON SLAYER crank. TWO, six bolt heads are REQUIRED with more power as I am currently running 23 PSI on a Procharger F1R with 11:1 compression. The LSA block was used with this small bore because it is the strongest GM production ALUMINUM block made. If MORE power is required, I would use a ERL block or an LSX block. PORTED LSA heads would be better here IF you were to stay with a 4 bolt head because the alloy is stronger and deck is thicker. I any event, anything near 25 PSI is going to require 6 bolt heads for longevity purposes. If you are also running nitrous then probably anything over 20 PSI is going to require 6 bolt heads.

Supercharger:

Procharger Stock F1R, makes over 1000 RWHP with this set up using 4 inch pulley. Made about 880 RWHP with same setup using a F1A. Next step up would be F1X which would make 1350-1400 RWHP BUT you would need ERL or LSX block with Dragonslayer crank and 6 bolt heads.

Fuel:

E85 with Meth Injection. FORE Innovations TRIPLE pump set up with BOSCH 127CC injectors with Holley fuel rails.

Notes: A triple pump set up is required at this level because you have to push 35% more fuel to the engine because it uses E85.

Exhaust:

TSP set up with Magnaflow mufflers, The ONE thing I probably would change is to go with a header that had 2 inch primaries, This set up has 1 7/8" primaries

Tuning:

Sam Miller at Advanced Modern Performance. The importance of the good tuner can not be overstated considering the complexity of this set up.
Great build going on here...

Your comment about different heads for higher boost and or nitrous, Amen.

I ran 18 lbs 1130 RWHP on the stock LS3 casting and was pushing water and head gaskets. With LSA heads, I ran as much as 24 lbs of boost 1550 RWHP and never had an issue until we sprayed it. Then the head gaskets let go.

I've since gone to a full custom built engine with 6 bolt heads and lots of other goodies.

"The importance of the good tuner can not be overstated considering the complexity of this set up"

Truer words are seldom ever stated.....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote