View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 05:53 PM   #25
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
I have the 250EX and the water cooling is easy (comes all set up for it, just add a tank and a small pump).

This gets used daily, and some days near non stop. Zero issues, cant say enough and it replaced my $5k Miller.

Only thing I dont like is the foot pedal, but got used to it in no time.

Huh, thanks for the info... I bet I could use the current water cooler of the old Miller?

I spoke with the local Industrial Source welder's supply rep today when he came by and asked him about the Everlast stuff. Said he had never heard of it. He recommended a Lincoln tig, over a Miller, and the problem one might have with the Everlast even if it was a good unit was that a guy might have a hard time getting consumables, or repair parts for it. It's starting to look like a better and better deal though.

How long have you had your 250ex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
If you are planning on welding a bit of thicker aluminum a water cooler is a must, the air cooled torches are not sufficient. Also some welders can use a contactor/amp control switch mounted to the torch, this is very useful when doing a lot of off bench welding. I build motrcycle chassis and find that using a foot switch can be quite problematic at times although when I can I preffer the foot switch.
Even if welding thin aluminum, if you expect to be welding for a long period of time the water cooler is a must... I melted the water lines in the whip while welding a fuel cell because the other welder in the shop had turned off the water cooler (If left on it will turn on/off with the welder, but it can be turned off separately) and I didn't realize it... OOPS!

I've gotten pretty good operating the foot pedal in various ways if the foot can't always operate it... If I'm not sitting on a chair or stool I'm usually crouched down, or sitting on my A$$. With practice you can run the pedal with your knee when kneeling down, or the back of your leg if sitting... I hate the hand operated amp control on the torch... I'll figure a way to run the foot pedal with some part of my body
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote