View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #4
SRVFAN
Too Much FUN!!

Drives: RUBY!! 2010 2SS/RS RJT Camaro
Allocation ........

Quote:
Originally Posted by n-shane@hotmail.com View Post
so, i finally sold my truck and now i can go in and order my maro..
theres one thing i just not understanding, i treid searching for a while but just wasnt finding the results i was looking for....

i was interested in what the "allocation" is?
i want to go to my dealer and order that is local but i dont wanna end up waiting 5 months or so because they dont have "allocation"

so i guess my real question is what is Allocation? and how can i check if my dealer has "allocation?
any help would be awsome, thanks guys
What you NEED to know from whomever you order from is do they have an "OPEN or IMMEDIATE ALLOCATION FOR THE MONTH YOU ARE ORDERING IN"? Then your order will get picked up by GM right away.

GM's "month" runs from the 15th to the 15th of each month. GM takes X # of orders per week during that timeframe. Usually on a Monday night/Tuesday morning of each week.

Each dealer has, what my dealership called, a "Production Cue". My dealership was getting 3-5 orders per month pulled by GM at first... I was #45 in their "Production Cue" (meaning there were 44 other orders ahead of me) at the time I ordered, in early May.

As orders got pulled into production by GM & some cancelled their orders, I moved down the "Production Cue" list. As time has gone on, GM has gone to the "Turn & Earn system", meaning the more Camaros you sell, the more Camaro allocations you will get, as well as the current set of allocations they were given in the beginning. So, allocations increased. I finally went from #45 in early May to being pulled into production in late July. (11 1/2 weeks to be exact).

So, see? This is all you need to know when you go to order:

1) Where will your order be on the dealerships "Production Cue" (or whatever they may call it) and/or How many orders are ahead of yours?

2) How many allocations per month are they getting.

Then you should be able to determine approximatley when your order will go into production. It takes 6-8 weeks on average to get your car once it has been accepted by GM (event code 2000). GM is getting faster at the deliveries as I've been seeing lately.

Good luck to ya!!
2500 (order preferenced):
3000 (accepted to production): 7/30/09 - TPW 8/17/09
3300 (scheduled for prod) 8/5/09 THANKS Viz!!
3400 (broadcast): 8/15/09
3800 (produced):8/22/09 - #39,334
4000/4B00 (available to ship/bayed):
4200 (shipped): 8/24/09
4300 (intermediate, may be multiple):
5000 (at dealer):09/03/09
6000 (delivered to customer): 9/3/09
SRVFAN is offline   Reply With Quote